WHAT IS CSWIP 3.1 CERTIFICATION
What is CSWIP Certification
CSWIP is a personnel certification scheme organized by TWI-UK & recognized worldwide for welding Inspector jobs. It introduces a wide range of topics related to welding inspection and quality for the personnel seeking CSWIP certification. This article is trying to explain the CSWIP 3.1 (Welding Inspector) certification requirements, exam pattern, and tips to pass the exam.
Level of Certification
Level of Certification: Candidates may apply for one of the following certification categories:
- 3.0 Visual Welding Inspector
- 3.1 Welding Inspector
- 3.2.1 Senior Welding Inspector without radiographic interpretation
- 3.2.2 Senior Welding Inspector with radiographic interpretation.
The main objective of CSWIP is to check the overall quality of the product from the Initial stage of Incoming raw materials to the final assembly of the product. The course covers the roles and duties of the welding inspector to carry out the tasks as per the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP).
CSWIP Course Content
- Roles and duties of a welding inspector
- Welding defects
- Weldability of steels
- Heat treatment
- Application and control of preheating
- Welding consumables
- NDT and DT
- Macro examinations
- Welding processes (smaw/mmaw, saw, tig/gtaw, mig/mag, fcaw)
- WPS, welding symbols and terminology
- Thermal cutting
- Codes and standards
- Welding safety
- Weld repairs
- Stress and distortions
CSWIP 3.1 EXAM PAPER PATTERN
CSWIP 3.1 EXAM PAPER PATTERN
TOTAL 5 PAPERS
- Theory Part A2 & B2 (CLOSED BOOK EXAM)
- GENERAL PAPER (Theory Part A2)
- TECHNOLOGY PAPER (Theory Part B2)
You can practice our below online mock examination to build your confidence for Theory part.
- CSWIP Full mock examination for Technology Part
- CSWIP Part A mock examination with latest questions and answers
- CSWIP Part A 2nd mock examination with latest questions
- CSWIP mock examination part A
- CSWIP Part A mock examination with latest questions and answers Part 2
- Practical Part A2 & C2 (OPEN BOOK EXAM) (You can find Video on our Youtube Channel for Macro, Plate & Film RTFI to help you to prepare for the exam).
- MACRO EXAMINATION
Papers & Pass out Criteria for CSWIP 3.1
Eligibility Criteria of CSWIP
Watch our YouTube video to learn more about the application process, qualification requirements and vision test requirements etc.
CSWIP 3.1 Course Fees
The fees vary from country to country. The latest fee details can be found on the CSWIP UK website or by contacting a local training center. You should check with the training center for any ongoing discount.
In India, where a lot of candidates appear for the CSWIP examination, the fees are charged Rs. 1,25,000. Generally, CSWIP fees cost approximately USD 2000.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR OPEN BOOK EXAM
(PLATE, PIPE & MACRO EXAM)
NOTE: – IN THE OPEN BOOK EXAM 6 OPTIONS ARE PROVIDED OUT OF WHICH 2 OPTIONS NEED TO BE SELECTED.1ST OPTION IS THE ANSWER AND THE OTHER ACCEPT OR REJECT BASED ON THE ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA PROVIDED.
- Mostly time will not be sufficient in the exam so practice the samples of the plate and pipe thoroughly.
- To save time 1st note the questions asked on paper then identify the noted defects on the plate and pipe sample finally plot on the graph paper.
- Don’t waste time on identifying the defects which are not asked, no marks will be given.
- More Practice the sample plate and pipe before you attempt the exam.