Metal Tubing Shapes
Tubing is generally round, but there are other shapes available in the market. Each shape has benefits and drawbacks that should be considered before making a purchase. Tubing is used in a variety of applications and industries because it can be customized to meet specific needs.
The most common tubing shapes are round, square, and rectangular. Round tubing is often used for structural applications because it is strong and easy to weld. Square and rectangular tubing is often used for mechanical applications because it provides a high degree of resistance to twisting and bending.
Check my article to learn what is ERW-SAW-HFW-SEAMLESS TUBINGS.
Different types of Tubing Shapes
There are various tubing shapes available in the market. The main types of tubing shapes are:
- Round or circular tubing
- Rectangle tubing
- Square tubing
- Oval tubing
- Triangular tubing
- Hexagonal tubing
- Octagon tubing
- Pentagon tubing
- Trapezoid tubing
- Flat oval tubing
- Fluted tubing
- Hourglass tubing
- B-shape tubing
- Mailbox tubing
- Doghouse tubing
- Brush holder tubing
- Keyhole tubing
- I-Shape tubing
1. Circular tubing or round tubing is the most common type of tubing used. It is easy to produce and has a low cost. Circular tubing also has good structural strength and can be used for a variety of applications.
2. Oval and elliptical tubing have a higher strength-to-weight ratio than circular tubing. They are often used in applications where weight is a concern, such as aerospace engineering.
3. Rectangular and square tubing are commonly used in construction and industrial applications. They have a high strength-to-weight ratio and can be used for a variety of purposes.
4. Triangular tubing is strong and stiff, making it ideal for use in trusses and other structures where support is needed.
5. Hexagonal and octagonal tubing is a great way to add strength and stability to your projects. This type of tubing is often used in construction and industrial applications. Hexagonal tubing is made from six sides of equal length, while octagonal tubing has eight sides. Both types of tubing are extremely strong and can withstand a lot of force.